The folks at CAPS have been busy while I've been working on the fence .... so it is only just now with this cup of tea that I've noticed they have their own little special bit during September to help some of their 200 kitties find Forever Homes .... basically its a buddy program so that anyone adopting two cats together gets a fifty percent discount on the second kitty's adoption fee, so:
- two adult cats, who would normally have an $80.00 fee each can be adopted together for $120.00
- two kittens, who would normally have a $100.00 fee each can be adopted to the same home for $150.00
They have also started another very cool thing .... every Friday there is a Farmer's Market in Middleton and now CAPS has a booth there each week from 2 until 6 pm.
There are also a couple of other things happening for the animals this weekend:
- there is the Giant Yard Sale for the Metro Shelter
- the Yarmouth SPCA is having an adoption fair on Sunday http://www.yarmouthspca.com/index.php?page=News
- and of course the always busy folks at GPAC are having two events this weekend ... http://www.gpac.ca/content/event a Meet and Greet at the Halifax Shopping Center on sat from 10am until 4pm and Greyhound Planet Day at Victoria Park on Sunday from 11 am until 3 pm
But for now, everyone's been petted and hugged ... the teacup is empty and its time to finish the day's project.