Sunday, March 22, 2009

I'd rather see this than tulips anyday

Do you remember Lulu and Rusty? They were the laid back lab senior lab sisters that I mentioned in Two by two .
Greenwood is a small place and still has that friendly strike up a conversation with total strangers quality to it that I really love. The other day, I was in the pet aisle at Zellers and there was a lovely couple who were clearly getting ready for a new dog with bowls/toys/etc. When they told me they were adopting two sisters from Lab Rescue, I knew right away who they meant.
I'm sure none of my former students at the cooking school would like to hear that while I may have great difficulty remembering people's names, I have no trouble at all remembering the animals. Happily my vision was better in those days, because if it wasn't for name tags I wouldn't have known the students' names until graduation.
These days every time I turn around I meet someone who has adopted one of the great pets available in NS. The other day I met Arthur ... an enormous English Mastiff that was adopted by my best friend's neighbour and is clearly the apple of her eye. He goes galloping out in her back forty with her every day and is clearly devoted to the person who has given him such a great new life.
If I look out my window, my tulips are still covered with two feet of snow, so its nice at least to see something cheerful happening with pet adoption. Good intentions won't be enough to get us there, the road to No Kill Nova Scotia will be paved with pet adopters.

1 comment:

melgeo126 said...

That is fantastic !! :)