What a beautiful day! This early in the week any weekend forecasts would be guestimates at best ... but rain or shine it IS the long weekend. Around here, the Victoria weekend signals the start of the season for campers and day trippers alike.
- If you happen to take a tour to the Valley on Sunday, HART/ is holding an Open House Adoption/ Donation Day for their lovely kitties ( see poster below )
- If you are browsing for bargains around HRM, the Nova Scotia SPCA are hosting a booth at the Harborview Weekend Market in Dartmouth from 9am until 4 pm every Saturday and Sunday
- This Saturday, TAPA is holding a yard sale at 280 Portland Street in Dartmouth with all kinds of goodies ... Books, garden plants, Holiday wreaths from Props Flower Shop and all kinds of household items.
- If you happen to be in the Yarmouth Area between 10 and 5 on weekends .. they have all kinds of nifty merchandise for sale at the shelter, as well as tickets for their upcoming Funny Fundraiseron June 11th
- CAPS will be at the Middleton Market every Friday from 2 - 6 pm
- Tickets are also on sale now for The Big Doggie Do being held on June 12th for Lab Rescue
- The GPAC rescue folks really understand the value of getting out into the community and have an entire page devoted to the events where they will be
- There is a gorgeous quilt set being raffled off for the benifit of Feral Cats ... see poster below
BTW ... if I have missed anything, please don't hesitate to email me.
And of course, if you want to help your favourite rescue in a really meaningful way, why not offer to foster. Summer vacation is coming up and many of them will need short term fosters to step up to the plate so that the kind hearts who foster for them all year long can go on vacation too: ))) What a wonderful opportunity to find out if fostering really is for you, eh?
Last but definitely not least is a gentle reminder for all pet owners that unless it pours rain all weekend, there will be fireworks. Make sure that your own pets are safely leashed after dark, even in fenced yards. Every year there are Unhappy Tails of lost pets who skittle away in fright and are never seen again ... at least by their original owners.
The subject of how that can also be prevented by having pets carry their own ID .. either tags or microchipped .. is a separate subject deserving its own post coming soon
What time is it? Its always time to have some summer fun ... especially when you can help the animals at the same time.