- there is fundraiser for the Kings Co SPCA. It will be at the Windermere hall just outside of Berwick. Starts at 9:00 and ends between 1 & 2 depending on how busy it is :) There will be a small flea market and a pretty good straw draw game. There are about 40 prizes to be won. For anyone who hasn't been there before, if you get off the 101 at Berwick, follow commercial street to the end, straight through the intersection. Keep following the road as it curves along and the Windemere Hall will be on the left, at the T junction where the Hall Road starts.
- Clare Feral Friends are having a BBQ & Bake Sale June 17th, 18th & 19th in Meteghan at UJ Robichaud's Timbr Mart.
- and of course the Nova Scotia SPCA still has a Booth at the Harbourview Weekend Market, 42 Canal Street Dartmouth, every Saturday & Sunday from 9 am - 4 pm. Quality used clothing, new/used books and household items. 100% of proceeds for animal welfare.
- If you are in the Amherst area, Sunday is both the deadline for the LA Shelter's MacBook Draw and is the day of their Shelter walkathon
- the savvy folks at GPAC are making sure they get out in the public eye for summer events. On Sat, they will be at the Mt Uniake Parade and on Sunday they will be having a meet and greet and BBQ at Global Pet Foods in New Minas.
- That BBQ is Global Pet Foods Pet Day and CAPS has also been invited to participate: )
Friday, June 18, 2010
What a beautiful day ! Better still, its promising to be a lovely weekend ... at least early on in the game. If you are at sixes and sevens and wondering what to do tomorrow, June 19th, you could always :