Wednesday, February 25, 2009

A Very Happy Tail


Every now and then I get a nice little email from someone who has just found their new best friend through The NS Homeless Pet Project. Promoting pet adoption is the whole point of the site and I'm always thrilled to hear when it has helped.
Last night there was a wonderful email waiting in my inbox from Sasha's new Mom. For those of you who don't remember, last month I did a little post about her in LA Shelter is looking for help for a brave little survivor. Sasha needed, and will still need, a lot of help recovering from her horrible old life as a puppy machine. Her new Mom is absolutely smitten with her and fully prepared to carry on with everything Sasha will need to make a full recovery. I was moved to tears at the hope and joy and love that underpinned every word from Sasha's new Mom.
I know I say it all the time in the pet blogs, but the uninitiated cannot possibly imagine how much love and devotion a rescued pet has for those who open their homes and their hearts and give them a second chance. Not everyone's story is as dramatic as Sasha's .... which is a blessing because not every new "Mom" or "Dad" has the resources that will be needed for someone like Sasha.
Have a wonderful life little girl.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How wonderful! I was thinking of Sasha last night when reading about little Betty. Two great happy endings!

Anonymous said...

Oh happy tale! Now if Donna Boyd would give up her 25 shihtzus that she will only give as a group to someone who will continue to breed them as she has done in her puppy mill in Wilmot, Nova Scotia. jm

melgeo126 said...

What a happy ending for Sasha!!

Agreed JM. Those poor dogs/puppies @ Donna's.
She told me they are now a chore and no more fun. Well I WONDER why!! 20- 30 dogs or more is quite a lot to look after properly!

Anonymous said...

Donna Boyd's dogs are NOT looked after properly. They never see the light of day and can't walk due to the cages. they are not socialized nor do they respond to touch. but i guess the spca thinks that is ok because they are fed,cleaned and watered. jm

Joan Sinden said...

What good news, Janet - I had personally worried about Sasha myself - who would be willing to take her on - what kind of special person would come forward - and I am so glad someone did, because they are going to be so lucky to receive such a special kind of love that only an older, well used, grateful dog can give you. Her new family are so lucky. I am SO lucky to have 2 dogs like Sasha - I don't know how I got so lucky, and I look at them every day and know that I'm absolutely not worthy to own them.

Joan