If you live in Nova Scotia, there are lots of great gift ideas and lovely ways to celebrate your love for the animals this weekend:
- Sonya, who is the heart and soul of SCAR, will be at the table at mall Q104 Community B... in the Halifax shopping mall, fundraising with Hearts Fur Pets .... for a loonie you can buy a heart for the booth and write your pets name on it
- ARC will be fundraising for the animals in need at the Halifax Kennel club show, at Exhibition Park Feb 13 and 14 8:30 to 5 If you would like to volunteer and help them, please email Mabel at email@example.com and she will fit you in the schedule Please drop by and see them and their new goods
- P.E.T. PROJECTS are "seizing the day" to promote their adoptables by reminding everyone on their facebook group and mailing list that they have "Great Cats Seeking Love " To meet their lovelies, go to http://www.petprojects.ca/adopt.html
- just in time for Valentine's Day, CAPS have started up a new BOGO for all the kitties of all ages in their care.... ie adopt one adult, get half off the fee for the second adult ....
- Wow!!! What a great Valentine gift Idea! S.H.A.I.D is selling tickets for a special event at Whitepoint Lodge .... On the Rocks, which is an evening of wine/liquor tasting with nummy finger foods at White Point Resort. A nice way to break up a cold month. The resort also has package deals with overnight accomodation included. 40% of each ticket sold goes to SHAID this year. Remember dogs are welcome at WP!
- And of course, if you are in the HRM area, there is the great new SPCA-A Thrift Shop-ing at the Harbourview Weekend Market, 42 Canal Street, Dartmouth (Formerly Value Village. Saturday & Sunday 9 am - 4 pm ..... offering the best of both worlds ... the opportunity to find great buys and help the animals at the same time : ))))
- Supporter of the LA Animal Shelter will be hosting a Sweetheart Dessert Buffet at 185 D’Orsay Rd and a paper donation is required. The more the merrier and they will also consider take-aways, so in order to prepare sufficiently,they are asking that people confirm by the Monday beforehand.
Off on another note, for those readers with senior pets, I am looking for pictures of people having fun with their senior pets for a section I'm working on for the new site , www.nsseniorpets.com And yes ... I will be listing private adoption opportunities for senior pets, but would prefer that the listing come as a referrel though your local area rescue, SPCA branch, AC or a vet clinic. Requests for short term and emergency fosters will also be listed on the site
Like the song says ..... in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.