Monday, April 4, 2011

A new header for the homeless pet site!

I'm a middle aged grandmother, not a twenty-nine year old party animal.  What does that mean in realspeak?   It normally means that I fit in very well out here, where the sidewalks are rolled up by nine and normally the only ones up after midnight around here are the owls and the skunks and the coyotes.
Unless of course I'm wrapped up in some new little bit of webwork.  Like any amateur, I am continually amazed and delighted by what can be accomplished with a few lines of code.
Last night I was up putting the finishing touches on a few changes for the homeless pet site.  Why would I do that?   Wasn't it getting lots of traffic already?
Of course it was ... indeed I am humbled by the audience that has grown since the site was started three years ago.   It still makes my day whenever I open an email that begins with ... 'we found our cat/ dog/ gerbil/ bunny etc on your site'.
So why the change?  Why go to all that trouble when the content is still pretty much the same?
Last week when I was doing site updates, one of Ador A Bull's adoptables had a beautiful new picture on his petfinder profile.  Brew is one of those great guys who has been waiting a while for the right fit ... and his foster Mom had updated his profile with a beautiful picture of him at Peggy's Cove.
The short version of this story is that Karen has kindly given permission for this beautiful photo to be used as the new permanent header for the site
What's not to love about the photo?  A beautiful dog?   Such an easily recognizable Nova Scotia scene?   Its just frosting on the cake that right here right now its particularly relevant!
What time is it?  Its always time to salute the fosters who so tirelessly go the extra mile!  Thank you to Karen .... and to every Pam / Debbie / Janice / et al who really know "how to save a life"

No comments: