If you are looking for ways to have fun AND help the animals, there is no shortage of events to pick from this weekend!
- CAPS is coming back to the Middleton Market ... and will be there every Friday from 2 - 6 pm until the Market winds down in the fall. Its a purrfect opportunity to meet some of their kitties and support the local farmers, crafts folk, wineries and florists :)
- SHAID is holding its Annual Yard Sale this weekend ... see poster below ... with so many delights they have had to rent two buildings! As a sidebar note to that, today is the last day to drop of donations for this ... and I do believe that this year their Garden Booth will be open on Friday afternoon as well.
- On Sunday, The Lillian Albon Shelter in Amherst is holding the 2011 Jesse Payne Memorial Dog Walk from 2 - 4 pm at the Rotary Park in Amherst ... see poster below for more details. Please note that people without dogs are very welcome to attend this event :) Pledge sheets and registration forms are available on the shelter website
- The Friends of the Valley Animal Shelter will hold their Annual Plant Sale on Saturday, May 28 from 8:00 am-12:00pm at 36 Elm St Jefferson Pines Subdivision in Meadowvale, Annapolis County. For more information contact Jennifer @902 765 6629. Note .. if you are not familiar with the area, Jefferson Pines is located just off the #1, just west of Greenwood and is very well signed :)
- the Annual Spring Giant Yardsale and Barbeque put on by 2nd Chance Charity is being held this Sat from 10 am - 2 pm in the parking lot of the Metro Shelter at 5 Scarfe Ct in Burnside. They are in urgent need of volunteers to help set up on Friday after 3 pm and also still need folks for Saturday to man tables. If you can volunteer, please click here. If you're not familiar with 2nd Chance Charity .. they fundraise all year long at the Harbourview Market for the SPCA, SCARS, TAPA and Pick of the Litter.
- Pierre's Alley Cat Society is holding an auction being held at Big Leagues in Cole Harbour this Sunday, May 29 from 1-5pm. Tickets can be purchased at the door for $5 and it comes with the bidding paddle and a free pop or draft. There will be almost $10,000 in services and merchandise to bid on. There will also be a 50/50 draw, a basket draw and a loto ticket draw. Big Leagues is now at 920 Cole Harbour Rd.
- Don't want to drive anywhere? Just want to putter in the garden or hang by the pool? Then there are always the ever popular Facebook Auctions to amuse and delight :)
If for some reason I have missed anything .... please just leave a comment and I'll include it in this post :)
As you can see, there really is something out there for everyone this weekend!
If you haven't any charity in your heart, you have the worst kind of heart trouble. Bob Hope