Thursday, May 19, 2011

Here comes the sun ....

To be perfectly honest, I have never been a big fan of driving.  Even back in the day when I had better vision, a car was always a utilitarian object with one specific purpose - to get from point A to point B.
These days I seldom drive further than Berwick or Middleton, so new acquaintances are understandably amazed to find out that I have actually driven cross country on postings.  
This morning, Miss Ruby and I went to the Berwick Animal Hospital for her annual checkup.  Even though it was a short simple good news checkup, the car was noticeably warmer we came back out, even with windows cracked open a couple of inches.  
According to the nifty weather station my brother gave me, its up to thirty now and I expect the mercury isn't done rising for the day. 
I know I've talked about it before, and actually have a page for Warm Weather Pet Safety Tips on the homeless pet site ... but it just seems to be one of those seasonal change things that seem to catch everyone by surprise. 
What time is it?  It is always, always time to remember that our pets are depending on us to keep them safe.
PS .. for downloadable, printable flyers and posters, go to My Dog is Cool

No comments: