Tuesday, February 22, 2011

SHAID is celebrating their 25th Anniversary!

I'm one of those sentimental sorts who loves to mark all the special days and occasions of all sizes.   Why?  Because if I have learned one thing in fifty six years it is that there it generally takes a lot of love, energy and commitment to get to each milestone.  
SHAID turns 25 this week ... and today to celebrate the shelter will be open until seven.  There will be cake ... the spiffy SHAID T Shirts will be on sale ... and best of all of course is the chance to meet their adorable adoptable pets :)
If today doesn't work for you, I do believe you can still catch all the fun tomorrow.  The shelter will be open for its usual Wednesday hours, from 12 - 3 pm.
I'm betting that if the animals had a chance to blow out the candles on the cake, their paws would all be crossed that cake might lure in the kindred spirit they have been waiting for :)
I'll freely admit to having a special affection for SHAID.   My own little mighty mini Morgan might not have lived to tell the tail had she been rescued by a different group.   ( if you are unfamiliar with Morgan's story, the short version is that she was a teenage mommy who had been so badly hurt that she couldn't walk.  Instead of assuming an Unhappy Tail was the only option, SHAID gave her the time she needed to get back on her paws )
Every morning when she kisses me on the nose to "check" if I'm awake .... every time she is waiting at the door to greet me .... everytime she gallops along with that funny little hitch to her gait ... I am grateful she was rescued by a genuine No Kill Shelter.
If you want to see the sweet faces who will be there today, scroll down.  If you want more information about any of them, click here.
If you need directions to the shelter, click here.
I know I say it all the time on the homeless pet sites, but it really is true that while adopting one homeless pet will not change the whole world, it will change the whole world for that one homeless pet.  And for you too, ya know?
What time is it?  Its always time to celebrate the hard work behind the success :)


 




















No comments: