Once again, if you are looking for some summer fun that does double duty by helping the animals, there are a few fun things this weekend:
- Tomorrow , as with every summer of course, CAPS will be at the Middleton Farmers Market from 2 to 6 pm.
- CAPS will also be at the 4H Dog Wash and Pet Day at the Annavale Coop in Middleton, from 10 am till 2 pm. There will be a BBQ and all proceeds go to the Lucky Stars 4 H Club ( the subject of how 4 H teaches children about responsible animal husbandry and commitment is normally a topic for a blog with a different focus than mine, eh? But sometimes when it comes to the animals the lines can get a little fuzzy :)
- Bargain hunters can always check out the Second Chance Charity Booth at the Harbourview Market in Dartmouth
- On Saturday, the Vetcetera Annual Dog Wash and BBQ will be offering all sorts of fun from 10 am till 4pm. There will be of course the dog wash and BBQ, music from Lite 92.9 live on location, hospital tours, face painting and info booths from some of the shelters etc. There will also be a 50/50 draw this year. All proceeds go to local animal rescue
- On Sunday, Sunday, June 26, from 11 am to 1 pm, East Coast German Shepherd Rescue will be holding their Monthly Dog Walk at the Salt Marsh Trail, on Bisset Road in Cole Harbour.