I love being able to put on a cozy fire when we come home from the woods all wet and dirty and cold. And before the keyboards catch on fire .... the time to put on a fire to warm up is when it is cold out... whether that is June or January, eh?
Common sense should always transcend the calendar ... just as in the rescue community compassion often overrides original mandates!
- Lovely little Lily, pictured above, is actually available for adoption from East Coast German Shepherd Rescue.
- On the other hand, there is a beautiful Rotti named Bruno (see pic below) who is with Atlantic Small Dog Rescue
- Size clearly doesn't matter to ASDR ... if you will recall they were the ones who have so generously tucked The Mighty Quinn under their paw (scroll down to see a great new pic that clearly shows how well this grrreat guy is doing! )
- Nor is this the first litter of Lab mix pups that ASDR have brought into their care .... once again, scroll down for adorable pic of the cutie pies!
- Nor is Peekaboo the first cat that the (normally) dog focused Animal Rescue Coalitions have gone to bat for! Last year, once a foster was found (thanks Karen :), ARC took in Tammy and Freddie knowing full well that it can take months and more to find homes for senior kittizens. Special note to that ... Peekaboo still needs a foster home!!!!!
- PET Projects underwent a complete revision a couple of years ago so that they could better serve their community. Instead of struggling to maintain a shelter, they are now primarily a foster based rescue that has been redefined by its partnerships with its community
Love must be as much a light, as it is a flame. ~Henry David Thoreau
Honorary small dog, Bruno
Doesn't Quinn look wonderful!!! What a miracle that he is such a sweet and gentle soul after everything that he has been through!
These lab mix puppies won't stay small for long!!!