One of the reasons I retired here in the beautiful Annapolis Valley is the good weather for gardeners. It was kind of frosting on the cake to find out that there were ever so many lovely spots to see within such an easy drive.
This time of year, no matter where you live or wish to drive, there are fun ways to help the animals pretty much every weekend. If you are out and about this weekend:
- the Big Book and Music sale in support of Second Chance Charity for Animals is being held tomorrow
- CAPS is having its Fun Day at the Above Par Golf Course, Saturday from 10 AM - 2 PM. There will be volunteers with CAPS goodies for sale .. and if you want an easy lunch you won't find a better buy anywhere than a BBQ'd hot dog with a cold drink for $2.00! Kudos to Above Par who are kindly donating all green fees for the day to CAPS!
- I know its not pet related, but didja know that the first ever Arts and Crafts Fair is being held at the Forum tomorrow from 11 AM - 6 PM ?
- Tomorrow, the GPAC folks are holding the Lake and Shore Parade from 11 - 2 PM at Porters Lake!
- Sunday, Aug 14th, from 10 AM to 4 PM , the fun loving folks at GPAC are holding the Dog Days of Summer! Its being held at 343 West Petpeswick Road, Musquodoboit Harbour, NS (at their kennel) All kinds of fun is planned and in their words, promises to be a tail wagging good time!
- I don't know if there are any seats left, but this weekend the annual Animal First Aid for Disaster Responders is being put on by DART in Truro